How to Change, Update or Delete the Version Information
Resource Tuner lets you visually edit, update or delete the Version Information: version numbers, vendor information (copyrights, trademarks, origins), product name and original file name. This information is displayed on the version tab of the EXE file property sheet dialog displayed by selecting the "properties" item from the right mouse button context menu in Windows Explorer.
Edit the Version Information and change the file properties for a .exe file
1. Expand the Version folder that’s found in the Resource Tree view, and select the version resource item to be edited. To see the version info structure in text format, select the Text View tab.
2. Select a StringFileInfo value entry by clicking it in the displayed listview.
3. Double-click it or press [Ctrl+Enter] to open the VersionInfo Editor dialog box:
4. Click on the 'Update File Version' button from the button bar as illustrated below to adjust the string value in accordance with the FileVersion block displayed in the Object Inspector:
5. Click on the 'Update Product Version' button from the button bar to adjust the string value in accordance with the ProductVersion block displayed in the Object Inspector.
6. Select 'File' -> 'Save File' to save the changes you have made to the target file.
See also Command-line Resource Editor: If you need to to create a repeatable process for updating and customizing the Version Information during the final stage of the build process.
Give Resource Tuner a trial run for 30 days free! Once you try it, we think you will find it hard to go back to other resource hacking utilities. So if you decide to purchase it, it's only $49.95 for the Personal License. A Business license is available for $89.95.