How to Change, Update or Delete the Version Information
Resource Tuner lets you visually edit, update or delete the Version Information: version numbers, vendor information (copyrights, trademarks, origins), product name and original file name. This information is displayed on the version tab of the EXE file property sheet dialog displayed by selecting the "properties" item from the right mouse button context menu in Windows Explorer.
Edit the Version Information and change the file properties for a .exe file
1. Expand the Version folder that’s found in the Resource Tree view, and select the version info resource item to be edited in the Resource Tree view.
2. Open the version info for editing using the Resource Editor button or the popup menu which is displayed by right-clicking the Resource Tree. Or simply double-click the resource item directly.
3. Select a StringFileInfo value entry by clicking it in the displayed listview.
4. Turning off checkboxes will delete the corresponding StringFileInfo value entries. The Rollback button will let you restore all changes.
5. Double-click the StringFileInfo value entry to open the Value Editor dialog box:
6. Press OK to close the Resource Editor and select 'File' -> 'Save File As ...' to save the changes you've just made to the target file. If warned that the image size has changed, click "Yes" to update the file size.
Any change you make can be restored prior to quitting the editor using the OK button. To abort your changes quit the editor using the Cancel button.
See also Command-line Resource Editor: If you need to to create a repeatable process for updating and customizing the Version Information during the final stage of the build process.
Give Resource Tuner a trial run for 30 days free! Once you try it, we think you will find it hard to go back to other resource hacking utilities. So if you decide to purchase it, it's only $39.95 for the Personal License. A Business license is available for $79.95.